The Community Ownership Support Service, delivered by the Development Trusts Association Scotland, is funded by the Scottish Government to support the transfer of publicly held assets into community ownership.
Through our team of advisers the Community Ownership Support Service can offer Scotland-wide support and advice. For more information or to discuss how we can help you contact the Community Ownership Support Service on 0131 225 2080 or email coss [at] dtascot [dot] org [dot] uk
Our services include:
- Expert advice on all aspects of asset transfer
- Training seminars on the asset transfer and asset development process
- Sign-posting to other relevant support agencies
- A comprehensive web resource including information on good practice, toolkits and case studies.
Communities will also have the opportunity to link into the DTAS network to explore the wide range of business models being adopted by other communities throughout Scotland and across the UK.
For Local Authorities and other Public Agencies:
A bespoke advice and support service focussed on community asset transfer which could:
- Assist Council staff in developing or revising the asset transfer strategy for each local authority. This could take the form of discussion, workshops, resources, study visits, and good practice examples.
- Provide an independent review of an authority’s current policy and practice on asset transfer, identifying priority areas for development.
- Provide training sessions with elected members and/or council staff (key officials or cross departmental) to explore various strategic, operational and practical aspects of asset transfer.
- Provide bespoke training for community organisations within your local authority area to build their capacity to explore and take forward ownership of local assets.