Knoydart Foundation Allocation Policy
The Knoydart Foundation received grant funding from the Rural Homes for Rent Pilot, to build houses for rent in 2011. The new houses were built to meet the housing needs of people in the area and to contribute to the social and economic development of the area.
The Knoydart Foundation Allocation Policy has therefore two aims:
- to improve the living conditions for the existing residents living on Knoydart
- to contribute to the viability of the local economy through the provision of accommodation to support the local work force who are contributing to the regeneration and sustainability of the peninsula.
Reflecting these priorities the Foundation award highest points for the following:
- living in substandard or inappropriate accommodation such as tied housing, overcrowded accommodation, underoccupied housing, inadequate water supply, damp, and poor heating
- length of residence and commitment to the community
- working in Knoydart, moving to work in Knoydart and skills/knowledge needed in the community